So you want to upload an image to your social media page – easy, right? Not quite. There’s a lot that goes into getting your social media imagery just right, including the image size. To help make sure you get it right online, we’ve put together this handy guide to social media image sizing.
- Your profile photo will be cropped as a square, and display at 170 x 170 pixels on desktop and 128 x 128 pixels on smartphones.
- Your cover photo will display as 820 x 312 pixels on desktop, and 640 x 360 pixels on smartphones.
- Facebook recommends that for photos shared on your Page the size should be 1,200 x 630 pixels.
- If you’re thinking of uploading an ad, make sure you check out their Adverts Guide, as it can get quite confusing!
- Your profile photo should ideally be 400 x 400 pixels.
- Your header image should be 1500 x 500 pixels – make sure it’s high-resolution.
- For images you’re Tweeting, these should be a minimum of 440 x 220 pixels with a 2:1 aspect ratio. However, they expand once opened, so the optimal size is 1024 x 512 pixels.
- Just like Facebook, Twitter advertising can get confusing. To avoid mistakes, refer to their Advertiser Card Specs page.
- Your profile photo will be cropped as a circle, 110 pixels in diameter. Make sure your logo is at the centre of image to avoid it being cropped.
- Advertising is simple once you know the layout of your image. For square ads the minimum size is 600 x 600 pixels with the maximum being 1936 x 1936 pixels. Landscape ads should be a minimum of 600 x 315 pixels and a maximum of 1936 x 1936 pixels. Whereas vertical ads should be a minimum of 600 x 750 pixels with the maximum being 1936 x 1936 pixels.
- For stories, ad images and videos should be at 1080 x 1920 pixels (the minimum is 600 x 1067 pixels).
- Your business’s profile photo will be 300 x 300 pixels and your overview tab image should be 360 x 120 pixels.
- The cover image is 1536 x 768 pixels. It may be cropped to a height of 220 pixels when viewed on a desktop, so test it before it goes live.
- If you’re sharing images, the size should be 698 x 400 pixels, but any image you upload directly to LinkedIn will have a maximum width of 350 pixels.
- For company ads, the minimum logo size should be 100 x 100 pixels – so make sure that the design is up to scratch and won’t appear distorted or blurred.
Feeling confident about social media? We hope our guide has given you the tips and skills you need to make your social profile stand out. And remember, if you have any questions just ask a member of our friendly team!